Sunday, May 15, 2011

Grateful

Well, it's been a while since my last post. Missed a week in there. This weekend has been great catching up a little with family I don't always spend a lot of time with.

Isn't it interesting what different things people notice about you? And how it is so often closely associated with what has changed since the last time they saw you. Now, this makes sense, but it also really highlights how infrequently you do see some people. One of my nieces whom I saw this weekend noticed my blue hair. I could have sworn that I had seen her at least once in the last nine months, but apparently, no.

 
Time really slips away from us sometimes. But at the same time I am sometimes grateful for those long absences as these people can point out things about yourself that have changed that you or others close to you might not have noticed.

We are always changing in some degree, often to our circumstances. I know at the moment I am changing in more ways than one but I cannot pin point what those changes are. Perhaps someone else I see one day might be able to point them out to me.

This is just one thing I am grateful for from those around me. What are you grateful for from those around you?

No comments:

Post a Comment