Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Warmth

And so yet another week has passed already. It seems to me that the closer it gets to Christmas, the faster time is passing - agree or disagree?? I think it's because of all of the extra activities and being surrounded by people who are all up a degree in either hype, stress, organisation, or whatever. Anyway I am a day late again and I thought that I would apologise up front along with an observation of current cultural temperament.

..... ..... .....

Is a flame friendly or fierce?
 
Many cool me crazy but I find a flame one of the softest things I've ever felt. It's so soft and warm, light and embracing. The best I could come to trying to explain it is to say imagine the softest, fluffiest, most comfy blanket you have ever felt and imagine snuggling up in it, that is what a flame feels like to me. The only problem is that you can't do that with a flame, you can only feel it for a moment, as a moment longer and you'll be burnt.
 
Let me also point out now that I am talking about a single flame, not a group of flames better known as a fire. Flames can multiply without losing any and when they do the fire they create can be fierce and you have every right to fear it. Fire cannot be tamed by mere men, just like I a drought cannot be cured or a raging storm sopped in its tracks. The only person who is able to do that is Jesus, the Christ, as He is God Himself and has all authority (Mark 4:35-41).
 
So, what do you think? Is a flame something which is soft and warm - friendly, or something which is hot and dangerous - fierce?
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment