Sunday, April 7, 2013

grubs are yummy

I discovered something the other day, I love having stale, slightly mouldy bread in the house. This might sound revolting and disgusting to you but before you judge too much, let me tell you why. When we have such bread in the house, it means that it's time for an outing to feed the ducks! :)
 
I went on such an outing last Sunday (Easter Sunday) with a friend on our way to lunch. We had 6 join us at the edge of the River Cam - 3 swans, 2 ducks, and a gull. It was lots of fun, as well as challenging keeping them separate so that they would not squabble.
 
In church this morning we looked at Ephesians 6 and what our various relationships should look like as Christians. We are all different and when we think only of ourselves we will often squabble, or if we think only of others we will be left out, but by thinking first and foremost of Christ, and doing all our actions as working for and serving Him, we can differentiate ourselves from the birds.
 
When I was thinking about what to write in this blog, I discovered something as I talked things over with a friend. It's not lack of things to write about which is the problem, but rather choosing one of the many things which I could write about. The reason I have so many things I could write about is that I have no secrets.
 
You might say, sure you have secrets - everyone has secrets - but I would disagree. A secret is not something which other do not know about you, but rather something which you wilfully hide from others. I have secrets which I keep for others, but they are not my own. Of myself, I try to be transparent - and I hope that if you do know me, you can see this too!
 
That's all for now,
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment