Monday, May 13, 2013

Imagine

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening
 
Have you ever felt like you're living inside a story book?
 
I'm not talking about the big events in life, and the way they are portrayed in fairy tales, but rather the places we see and go, and the simple everyday things we do.
 
Many of the stories I grew up hearing are set in different areas around England (and the UK). Almost every time I see a new place I feel like I'm stepping into yet another story - like my imagination from childhood is coming alive before me now. It really is something to behold.
 
This weekend I had a similar experience, although it wasn't a story book, but rather a letter.
 
When I was young I used to write to a lady who lived near Sheffield, in England, and this is the area in which I found myself this weekend. The words she wrote would come alive to me when I read them, like she was speaking to me, and I was standing in the room with her - and yet, somehow, the words that I remember seemed to come even more alive this weekend.
 
Our imagination is a gift, when used the right way, and it is something I thank God for. I look forward to the many more adventures I am yet to have as a result of it; and visiting the places of the wondrous stories I heard as a child; and doing the simply English things.
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment