Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fear or Trust

So, it's now been 3 weeks since I last wrote a blog and I am very sorry for that. Christmas / New Years is generally a quite busy time for most people and I am no exception.
 
At church on Sunday we talked a little about New Years Resolutions. Now I don't know about you but I don't make them anymore but I used to sometimes when I was younger. What I found interesting was they were talking about how many peoples' New Years Resolutions are a result of some kind of fear or guilt, and I am inclined to agree.
 
The talk continued from this introduction to then talk about the Father's Love. How each of us through Jesus have become children of God, and just what God's love is - how it is so much greater than any earthly fatherly love.
 
I have been reading some psalms recently and I would like to share a few verses from some of them here for you to have a think about...
 
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears... The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous and his ears toward their cry... When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all. - Psalm 34: 4, 15, 17-19
Your steadfast love, O Lord, extends to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds... How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings... Oh, continue your steadfast love to those who know you, and your righteousness to the upright of heart! - Psalm 36: 5, 7, 10
 
So cast your fears away, place them with our Father and trust that He will know what is best and will protect you.
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment