Tuesday, January 15, 2013

what is strange

"7+8=15"
 
This is how a recent conversation I had started - it then continued through talking about head space, washing powder, bright colours, snow, frogs, and toilets, just to name a few. This is not an unusual conversation for me to find myself in but it suddenly occurred to me that such a conversation may be very strange for others to hear.
 
Our past, our personality, our situation, all affect the way in which we react to different things. What we consider normal and what things we find strange. I am certain that at some point that most (if not all) people whom I have met have found me strange, not necesarily in a bad way, but just different.
 
I'm not afraid of what people think, most of the time, which allows me to simply be the person I have been created to be. Some might ask, well who is that person, and the answer is not simple but the most important I shall put before you now. I am my parents child, my Fathers daughter, a sister to many, a sinner, a saint, and an individual.
 
Now some of those you many not understand so I will explain a few of the terms here.
  • By parents I mean my earthly Mother and Father.
  • By Father, I mean my Father in Heaven, God, Creator.
  • As I am in Christ, all those whom are also in Him are sisters and brothers.
  • A sinner is someone who sins. To sin is to do something opposed to God - at some point most every day I put myself first which is opposed to God.
  • By saint I mean I am one of many (similar to sister) who are seen righteous because of Jesus.
So while I may be a little strange to some, and most conversations are always interesting, I am certain of who I am. Oh, and if you would like to hear any of the stories behind the afore mentioned topics which came up in our conversation, just ask!
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment